Sleep is essential for good mental and physical health. The general rule of thumb is 7-9 hours for adults. But the amount needed varies from person to person so the question you should ask yourself is, do I feel rested? If not, perhaps it's time to take a look at your general state of health, your stimulant intake (coffee, colas, sugar, etc.) and if you are experiencing sleep problems.
To pave the way for a better night sleep the experts make the following recommendations:
• Stick to a sleep schedule, even on weekends.
• Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual.
• Exercise daily.
• Evaluate your bedroom to ensure ideal temperature, sound and light.
• Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
• Beware of hidden sleep stealers, like alcohol and caffeine.
• Turn off electronics before bed.
There are also foods that can help you improve your sleep including kiwi, soy, bran cereal, quinoa, yogurt and fish.
And many people rely on an all-natural food supplement like Restful Mind Support to help them get the proper Z’s. Find out more at BuyFoodResearch.com.