How do you take care of your body? Probably not as well as you would like to.
If you are a male over 40 years old there are many health-related issues and tips you need to keep in mind. For example:
- Increase magnesium intake
- Watch your cholesterol level
- Incorporate different vitamins into your diet
- Stay active!
Just to name a few.
Your body may be not be the same as it was in your 30s, but that does not mean you need to slow down or stop being active.
A new study showed that middle-aged men who can do 40 push-ups at one time have a 96% reduced risk of heart attack, stroke, and heart disease compared to those who could only do 10. Woah, 96%?!
Now, make sure you kick this “new you” off with the right expectations. Exercising now is NOT the same as it was back in your “heyday.” It will take some time to see noticeable progress, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t progressing!
Here are some amazing gym tips for staying fit as you get older.
- More weight across all your sets within the same rep range
- More reps completed in higher rep ranges
- Better technique, including a better mind-muscle connection
- A better pump, or just a better overall sense of well-being when you leave the gym after a workout
- A better pace, with less downtime between sets and exercises, allowing you to finish the workout faster without skipping any parts of it
Take care of your body, stay fit, and reduce risks of serious issues. Many male health related issues can be helped simply by watching your diet, taking the right supplements, and exercising. Get started today!