Health conditions in 2020 have us working indoors in limited locations, which is why a venture outside into the sun is always a welcomed treat. We know that sunshine equals vitamin D, and getting a good daily dose is good for the body – but how good?
- Vitamin D may help protect against infections/immune system disorders
- Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium and build healthy bones
- Vitamin D may help prevent heart failure and high blood pressure
The sun emits ultraviolet B (UV-B) radiation, and when it hits your skin, it produces vitamin D. How much vitamin D you make from exposure to the sun depends on several factors.
For example, if you live in a place with a lot of air pollution or cloud cover, those UV-B rays may not get through as effectively. Also, UV-B light levels are the strongest between 10 AM and 3 PM, so if you’re stuck inside for too long, you may miss your window (especially now with the sun setting closer to 5 o’clock closing time).
All-Natural Vitamin D Solutions:
The sun isn’t the only source of vitamin D, and if tuna, cod liver oil, and milk aren’t on your grocery list (other sources of natural vitamin D), an alternative option is the real food supplement Vitamin D Complex.
What makes it stand out from vitamin D whole food supplements? It’s a vegetarian formula of 100% food nutrients and provides vegetarian vitamin D3. This means Vitamin D Complex:
- Supports bone ossification
- Helps maintain healthy serum calcium levels
- Helps maintain healthy serum phosphorus levels
- Helps maintain healthy vitamin D levels
As fall and winter approach, the sun sets sooner, and hibernation becomes a viable option, get the right daily dose of vitamin D and build up your body with Vitamin D Complex.