Pumpkin is everywhere! From the spooky jack-o-lantern on the stoop, to the seasonal latte brewing at the local cafe, we are in the heart of pumpkin season. While pumpkin makes a delicious autumn flavor, and an essential Halloween decoration, it also happens to be a food choice full of nutrients and benefits to your body. Here is a look below at some highlights from an article from Healthline that outlines several of the health benefits from eating pumpkin. We also show you a Food Research product that you can pair with pumpkin to receive these same health benefits!
1. Pumpkins provide 19% of the RDI of Vitamin C
- For a superior source of vitamin C, take a look at C Complex.
2. Pumpkins contain high antioxidant content
- For a superior source of antioxidants, take a look at Herbal Antioxidant.
3. The vitamin A and C in pumpkins will help boost immunity
- For a boost in your immune system, take a look at Conga-Immune.
4. Vitamin A in pumpkins may protect eye site
- For eye health support, take a look at Complete Eye Health.
5. The nutrient density and low calorie count in pumpkins may promote weight loss
- For optimal weight loss, take a look at Green Vegetable Alkalizer.
6. The high antioxidant count in pumpkins may lower the risk of cancer
- For a more effective antioxidant, take a look at Selenium E.
7. Potassium, vitamin C, and fiber in pumpkins may benefit heart health
- For enhanced heart health, take a look at Cardio-Power.
8. Pumpkins contain compounds that promote healthy skin
- For healthy skin, take a look at Thymo-Immune.
Don’t toss out those pumpkins on the stoop without taking a look at these delicious pumpkin recipes. Incorporate more pumpkin into your diet this autumn. Take advantage of the pumpkin, and all the health benefits!